Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secretariat: 'Homebound'
Another fun one to play with. Really enjoy the limitations with these acoustic recordings.
I didn't like the wide stereo image we were presented with here, so I stripped this one back and presented it the way I would imagine it to be performed as a 2 piece. A singer/guitar player in the main with banjo/backing vocal as an accompaniment to the side. Lovely clean strong tones to work with.

Dave.

.mp3    Secretariat_Homebound_Dangerous#3.mp3 --  (Download: 4.23 MB)

Hello Dave! Nice work!
Only one regret that 100 years ago there was no good sounding technologies to capture those songs adequatelyCool
(07-07-2016, 11:05 AM)Konek Wrote: Hello Dave! Nice work!
Only one regret that 100 years ago there was no good sounding technologies to capture those songs adequatelyCool

Thanks Konek,

Yeah, there's alot of lost music from yesteryear. Not a problem nowadays though.

very nice! did you experiment with more room sound at all?
If you appreciate my feedback, please visit one of my mixes and give your thoughts.
(03-09-2016, 06:20 AM)mingus Wrote: very nice! did you experiment with more room sound at all?

Thanks mingus, from memory I reduced the stereo raw tracks back to almost mono and then added a small reflective reverb and a larger chamber one from Valhalla. Really love working with these live organic recordings. Good fun and rewardingSmile

Dave