Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matterplay - Olli H
Multitracks were full of ugly and weird sounds. I wanted to preserve all of them. I think they gave interesting and different texture to the song. Hopefully it was something that band had originally in mind.

Double drums were interesting. Not too many examples around. I took some guidance from Daniel Lanois. He uses such a trick every now and then.

.mp3    matterplay-2016-jul-06-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 7 MB)

Nice Mix Olli, it has a really cool vibe.

My real reason for posting is to point out that you will hit your 1000'th post with your next post. I wonder what your 1000'th will be! I'm waiting with bated breath!

;-)

Draper

(06-07-2016, 05:58 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Nice Mix Olli, it has a really cool vibe.

Thanks

(06-07-2016, 05:58 PM)loweche6 Wrote: My real reason for posting is to point out that you will hit your 1000'th post with your next post. I wonder what your 1000'th will be! I'm waiting with bated breath!

Autsh, Thanks for noticing, I wouldn't have noticed it. This system has called me for sometime as a "Posting Freak". I wonder if the 1000 posts is a threshold after which it will urge me to get a life? Well I'll see it soon...
No, nothing happened, I'm still "Posting Freak". Well, I quess I just have to live with it.
Ah well. I think at some points we all need to be prodded to leave the mixing desk and go experience "real life" . . . But music is much more fun to deal with!

I salute your commitment to the community!