Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivial - Alright (vmb mix)
Tried to get a big sound while retaining clarity between the multiple layers in this song. feedback well appreciated! (yes, i realise the name of the band is 'Triviul', my apologies)

.mp3    Trivial - Alright (vmb mix).mp3 --  (Download: 5.01 MB)

Hi Loupi
Sounds big and spacious.
Can hear a resonance on the bass popping out around 154hz ,could just need a little taming with a narrow Q parametric.
The distortion on the bass is cool ,as a personal taste thing maybe just a touch more subtle.
Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

thx for the great feedback! i agree on the bass, it could indeed be more subtle indeed. and thanks for the 154hz-resonance tip, i'll check that out! keep on mixing!
I like the personal touch you've given this one loupi. Great drum sound and I like the spacious vox verb. I feel that you could bring the main vocal forward in the mix a bit more. Tonally it's sounding a little woody and maybe brightening it would help. Even a subtle short reflective type reverb in conjunction with your big reverb could be beneficial here. Just a thought. You may want to try and inflate the electric guitar also. For me it sounds a little thin within your "big sound mix". Some eq and delay would probably do the trick.

Overall a really solid mix with a nice flavour.

Dave
(04-07-2016, 10:13 AM)loupi Wrote: Tried to get a big sound while retaining clarity between the multiple layers in this song. feedback well appreciated!

-----------------
Loupi,

Great mix! I really liked that big spacious sound. It sounds just like a live concert, but very natural as well. Don't know how you did it!! Big Grin As you commented on my mix, I went for a tighter dryer sound. What I love about this site is hearing all the different approaches that people make and then to enjoy and appreciate each one's creative approach. Actually, it's quite amazing how "different" each mix can make a song sound. What an amazing and creative thing mixing is.....very fulfilling isn't it? Nice job!

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(04-07-2016, 01:13 PM)Dangerous Wrote: I like the personal touch you've given this one loupi. Great drum sound and I like the spacious vox verb. I feel that you could bring the main vocal forward in the mix a bit more. Tonally it's sounding a little woody and maybe brightening it would help. Even a subtle short reflective type reverb in conjunction with your big reverb could be beneficial here. Just a thought. You may want to try and inflate the electric guitar also. For me it sounds a little thin within your "big sound mix". Some eq and delay would probably do the trick.

Overall a really solid mix with a nice flavour.

Dave
thanks for the feedback! i left the vocals not too bright cause of there being a lot of brightness around already as i emphasized the high end of the bass, and so wanted to leave room for that, but a plate on the mainvox could be a good idea. the guitars i wanted them thin and edgy so im happy with them. thanks!
(04-07-2016, 11:42 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 10:13 AM)loupi Wrote: Tried to get a big sound while retaining clarity between the multiple layers in this song. feedback well appreciated!

-----------------
Loupi,

Great mix! I really liked that big spacious sound. It sounds just like a live concert, but very natural as well. Don't know how you did it!! Big Grin As you commented on my mix, I went for a tighter dryer sound. What I love about this site is hearing all the different approaches that people make and then to enjoy and appreciate each one's creative approach. Actually, it's quite amazing how "different" each mix can make a song sound. What an amazing and creative thing mixing is.....very fulfilling isn't it? Nice job!

Tom
thank you! the room is a combination of delays and reverb (recently i've been using more ir-reverb, and liking it). i tried to put things, as there are quite a lot of elements to combine, on different depth-levels.