Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
First mix on my new interface!
Here's one last version of this track, I haven't done my mix of South of the Water yet but I will get around to it at some point.

Cheers
Doug

.mp3    One Minute Smile Remix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.83 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Mix sounds pretty good to me. Maybe do just a little EQ carving to give the lowend extra punch. Other than that, it is a very solid mix.
This last mix (Remix 2) is really good. It's got a nice bounce. It's a poppy mix but that fits the song. I say this all the time but I think it could use a little chorus boost. Maybe a hair more of the background vocal and or a stereo effect to widen and open the mix.
That said it's such a short, too the point song so that it's not a big deal.

It's a spot on mix.
Hey man, i like you're clarity but really feel it lacks bass. I think that you skipped having the bass because it is hard to remain in a nice fashion, you should look up some nice plugins to use to control the bass so you can bring it up in level to not having your eyes poked out by your heavy highs lifted. If you have that much top end you should control it and make it even punchier with subtle distortion. I think the last mix is nice, but i have some complaints , it feels very constricted at the refrain, its unopened and closed in a box. You need more punch in context with the bass, i know i kinda overdid my bass but really this is the hardest part in mixing, to keep good bass levels.
Its all program dependant when it comes to snares
The snare in that vid was already a perfect example
to start with