Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
River's Risin' by Bangbang
Howdie!

Cool song to mix. I was having some trouble with the drums though. I generally don't like snares that ring, so trying to get rid of it kind of affected the overall sound of the snare, but i tried to compensate with some reverb etc.
Din't get the tom sounds that i wanted, but they are ok i think.
I wasn't really sure where to pan the instruments, but i think it turned out quite well in the end.
I was only using plugins that came along pro tools.

Tell me what you think, all kinds of criticism and opinions are welcome. I'm here to learn. :)

.mp3    Rivers Rising.mp3 --  (Download: 16.46 MB)

Hey Bangbang, Nice live sounding mix. Listening with headphones your arrangement sounds pretty good. Main vocal is sounding perhaps a little unruly to me and could do with some extra compression to tame it down. I reckon the backing vocal could come up a bit also and really complement the main vox. Just some suggestions. Great Job anyhow.

Dave
(04-07-2016, 02:01 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Hey Bangbang, Nice live sounding mix. Listening with headphones your arrangement sounds pretty good. Main vocal is sounding perhaps a little unruly to me and could do with some extra compression to tame it down. I reckon the backing vocal could come up a bit also and really complement the main vox. Just some suggestions. Great Job anyhow.

Dave

Hey Dave, thanks for the kind words!
Yeah i agree with the vocals needing some more work. I mixed with headphones, and when i switched to a pair of speakers (after i uploaded it), i could really hear that they sounded not the way i wanted.
I'll also take the backing vocals into consideration.

Thanks again!

Bangbang