Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIMSPAJT THE DICE
I mixed The Dice on AKG 702, i don't have any speakers yet.
I became a fan of the band!

.mp3    SIMSPAJT THE DICE.mp3 --  (Download: 14.2 MB)

The overall tone is good but it could use some work in the midrange. I think background vocals in the chorus are a little over processed but i can definitely see where it could work. Balance between the tracks i pretty decent and i like how you have the vocals out front. Keep it up!
Hey Sims,

I think your cymbals are too hot, and maybe the high end on them is a touch too high. They don't sound piercing during the verse, but they get really undefined during the chorus.

I like the attempt to do something unique with the BG vocals, but I feel like their space needs to be altered. They feel completely separate from the mix. Maybe bring them down, as well as their verb buss, and maybe add a touch of the lead vox to their verb space, and I think it would make more sense.

It is a big loud mix which is fitting for the genre, but I think some things just need to be tightened a bit.

Keep it up!

Draper
(06-07-2016, 04:31 PM)Dustin3P Wrote: The overall tone is good but it could use some work in the midrange. I think background vocals in the chorus are a little over processed but i can definitely see where it could work. Balance between the tracks i pretty decent and i like how you have the vocals out front. Keep it up!
Sorry for late respond, you are right about bc vocals. I used way too much reverb delay on them. On headphones seemed good but when i listened in car was not so goodHuh
I guess i have to use some reference track when mixing on headphones...
Thank you for your time.

(06-07-2016, 05:44 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Hey Sims,

I think your cymbals are too hot, and maybe the high end on them is a touch too high. They don't sound piercing during the verse, but they get really undefined during the chorus.

I like the attempt to do something unique with the BG vocals, but I feel like their space needs to be altered. They feel completely separate from the mix. Maybe bring them down, as well as their verb buss, and maybe add a touch of the lead vox to their verb space, and I think it would make more sense.

It is a big loud mix which is fitting for the genre, but I think some things just need to be tightened a bit.

Keep it up!

Draper

I'm fixing cymbals with eq right now and i hope it will help.
I don't understand completly, should i use BG verb for lead vocal?
And i'll try bringing down BG verb.
Thank you.