Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It'sMyRightMix
Hello! It's my post!
Here i worked with guitar tracks to add expance in mix.
AutoWah on solo seems quite appropriateBig Grin
Cheers!

.mp3    It\'s my Right.mp3 --  (Download: 5.91 MB)

(02-07-2016, 11:16 AM)Konek Wrote: Hello! It's my post!
Here i worked with guitar tracks to add expance in mix.
AutoWah on solo seems quite appropriateBig Grin
Cheers!

Solid mix.

It seems like you cut the mids over the entire mix to deal with the big honky guitars.

I've been playing guitar for nearly 20 years and I don't know if you play.

But can you imagine doing that much rocking back and forth on a wah pedal for an entire solo.

I guess what Im getting at is, the wah effect would be more impact if there was some deviation in the attack.

Overall the mix sounds pretty decent.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Thank you for feedback!Smile
I don't cut mid around the mix, but i experimented with M/S equalization to free up space in centre.
So, i'm guitar player too. I could play along solo with wah, but it's always funny to use different toys. Cool And i was too lazy to do automation hereBig Grin

Sounds nice Konek, sounds pretty good from the laptop speakers as well.
The overheads are sounding a little brash for me though. Maybe some transient shaping to soften them down a bit.
Brave move, playing with the M/S eq. I always get into trouble when I mess with them. I find them pretty hard to judge.

Nice work on another great mix

Dave
Thanks a lot, DaveSmile
I really forgot about shapersHuh Drums are harsh for me too. I'll try to use HPfilter on the compressor yet.
About M/S... Some interesting things happen when i put down mid component of backing on 3db in the 200-300hz and 3000-4000hz area.
(02-07-2016, 01:45 PM)Konek Wrote: Thanks a lot, DaveSmile
I really forgot about shapersHuh Drums are harsh for me too. I'll try to use HPfilter on the compressor yet.
About M/S... Some interesting things happen when i put down mid component of backing on 3db in the 200-300hz and 3000-4000hz area.

Interesting.... I'm going to have to experiment with m/s processing a bit more.Smile
Version with shapersCool

.mp3    It\'s my Right2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.91 MB)

Nice creative stuff with the wah and some clever edits. I'd maybe take the overheads down a bit. They don't sound harsh to me, but seem to take a lot of attention when listening. In my opinion, you don't have to create such wide stereo field in this type of music. Although it sounds bigger and wider, it's also a bit artificial. Not that's it sounds bad or wrong, but as a stylistic choice it's a bit out of the genre, but as I said it's purely my subjective opinion. Listened twice, and I have to say that wah works. Might steal the idea for my mix. Smile
Thank you, Kapu, for listening and useful tipsSmile
I should take a closer listen to some references.
You can take this wahBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin