Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Blue Lit Moon - Dad's Glad - naru_mix
Hello dear people of this forum,
This song was tricky and I am proud to announce that the only paid softwares/plugins I have used to mix this track are the DAW itself and the Ozone suite for final mastering. Rest all the plugins were either freeware or the ones provided with the DAW. Cool

I have tried to use two different reverbs and a delay for the whole track at different levels to create a roomy vibe. As there were not much instrumental layers available to fill space, using different reverbs to trigger at different levels was go to option to create ambience and impact. Big Grin

As a music fanatic the track was very interesting to work on but as a mixing engineer it was quite challenging to control the 'ess' on vocals and guitar. The bass track is a different story. That thing was WILD! I had to use limiter at verses to keep it from taking complete limelight. Dodgy

Previously I had received feedback(on this forum) on how I compressed the shit out of the track on master. I have kept that in mind and let the track breathe! Angel

Now time for some feedback! Let me know what you think of this one oh good people of this forum! Blush

.m4a    Dad\'s glad.m4a --  (Download: 7.47 MB)