Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alright? - Olli H
First version. I had quite big problem to find the focus point and to keep the focus there.

EDIT
Version 2 added

.mp3    alright-2016-06-25-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

.mp3    alright-2016-06-28-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

Yeah, tackling the focus issue was my biggest point that I tried to work on. Love your bass tone! I think you've kept the mix clear and really listenable!

Excellent work!

Draper
Yeah, really nice Olli! Sounds like a similar approach to mine. I like the panned vocals and could probably steal the idea for the 3rd verse in my mix where the vocals get too congested. Just wondering if the bass could do with some extra high freq, it's going missing a bit on my small speakers.
What do you think of the first "It's" in the opening of the vocals? Sounded a bit off colour to me so I changed it out with the from the second verse.
Anyway, great sounding mix. Big Grin

Dave
I agree with dangerous. Otherwise sounded nice. I like that you showed control and didn't let anything get out of hand. Good work
(25-06-2016, 12:36 PM)Olli H Wrote: First version. I had quite big problem to find the focus point and to keep the focus there.

-------------------------

Olli, nice job! Nice warm mix. Nice vocal treatment. I think you did a great job keeping the focus. This song was not easy to mix. Anyone that thinks it would be an easy mix is on another planet. LOL! Like the drums too.

Later,

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
it sounds pretty good to me! I love the ambience Smile
mixing since April 2013
Hi Olli
Very clear and Easy to hear evrything
The stereo vox in B part is hard to understand lyric
Lead vox could use little deesser, first part of song that is
The pizzicato strings could come up a tad
Maybe bass could have little (more ?) overdrive
A fine first mix !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Hi Olli.
Lovely mix ,love the effects and stereo image.
probably a personal preference thing the missing some low frequencies on the lead vocals like the background vocals at around 3.05.
Just a personal preference thought while having a listen.
Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks all,
I made a new version, small tweaks to bass, hi-hat, guitar, esses, strings and vox.
(28-06-2016, 12:26 PM)Olli H Wrote: Thanks all,
I made a new version, small tweaks to bass, hi-hat, guitar, esses, strings and vox.

Much happier with the bass in Version#2 Olli. Sound more consistent and solid.

Dave.