Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul: 'Alright?'
(27-06-2016, 10:06 PM)Voelund Wrote: Another fine version
Agree last chorus feels like its hitting the limiter hard
I like to Think if something sounds small or squashed its better to turn down other sections of the arrangement so the loud part Can really shine
Wonderful clear vokals and fine effects
Good work

Thanks for checking it out Voelund, I must agree about a squashed mix. I'm normally pretty light on the limiter. Just got caught out with the big crescendo at the end. My Bad.

Thanks for the kind words. Dave

(28-06-2016, 07:19 AM)thedon Wrote: G'day Dave.
Love your version everything sounds glued together ,as the others have mentioned more punch on the drums especially the kick would sound great.
Nice one Big Grin

Thanks for the valued comments Don. As always
Cheers mate.Smile
Uploaded Version#2. with hopefully some improvements based on the support received. I have backed the limiter right off and made some vocal changes. Nothing drastic though.
I have learnt just as much from listening to all the other mixes of this song as mixing my own. Great Stuff!Big Grin

Dave
great mix! like the natural sounding mainvox. around 1'03" there is a delay/reverb rumble audible on the right side, maybe better without? keep on mixing!
(04-07-2016, 11:11 AM)loupi Wrote: great mix! like the natural sounding mainvox. around 1'03" there is a delay/reverb rumble audible on the right side, maybe better without? keep on mixing!

Thanks loupi,
I automated the bass delay up between the vocal breaks. I liked the effect, but probably over cooked it a couple of dBs. Thanks for the observation.
"keep on mixing!"...... Try and stop me!Big Grin

Dave.