Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Actions, One Minute Smile new mix
Liking this track alot this is my mix,any comments?

.mp3    Actions,One Minute Smile.mp3 --  (Download: 6.24 MB)

.mp3    Actions,One Minute Smile punchier master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.2 MB)

Hi Cudjoe ,
I Like your mix of this challenging track sounds well balanced, I have to have another shot at soon.
The top end of the vocals sound a touch un-natural not sure if they are a touch too de-essed or could be the phase effect.
A Touch more bottom end on the bass and kick would sound great, may require reducing a resonance in the bass guitar at somewhere around 151hz with a narrow q parametric and a little more balance with the bass and kick ,not sure if the kick needs less 90hz to give the bass some room.
Just some thoughts.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(29-06-2016, 11:20 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Cudjoe ,
I Like your mix of this challenging track sounds well balanced, I have to have another shot at soon.
The top end of the vocals sound a touch un-natural not sure if they are a touch too de-essed or could be the phase effect.
A Touch more bottom end on the bass and kick would sound great, may require reducing a resonance in the bass guitar at somewhere around 151hz with a narrow q parametric and a little more balance with the bass and kick ,not sure if the kick needs less 90hz to give the bass some room.
Just some thoughts.
Cheers Big Grin
Thanks thedon, i have tried one more different signal chain mix which i feel as opened up and gave it more bottom end all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Actions,One Minute Smile punchier FINAL MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 6.18 MB)

Wow the last version is a huge improvement especially in the bottom end.
Being really critical can hear some harsh frequencies with the vocals and guitars.
I done a quick master eq at around 2.5k 3.5k and 4.5k and uploaded a short sample of at least how it sounds on my monitors.
It's better to sort out some upper frequencies of the vocals and guitars in the individual tracks but may change the overall sound your looking for.
Well Done Big Grin

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    one minut smile cudjoe eq.mp3 --  (Download: 1.26 MB)

(30-06-2016, 10:49 AM)thedon Wrote: Wow the last version is a huge improvement especially in the bottom end.
Being really critical can hear some harsh frequencies with the vocals and guitars.
I done a quick master eq at around 2.5k 3.5k and 4.5k and uploaded a short sample of at least how it sounds on my monitors.
It's better to sort out some upper frequencies of the vocals and guitars in the individual tracks but may change the overall sound your looking for.
Well Done Big Grin

Hi don massive respect to you for spending time on my thread THANK YOU,i think i spent too much time in trying things out and not realising that my ears were becoming desensitised so i have done a updated mixSmile anyone can leave a reviewSmile.

.mp3    Actions,One Minute Smile punchier FINAL MIX.updated.mp3 --  (Download: 6.14 MB)

(30-06-2016, 06:09 PM)Cudjoe Wrote:
(30-06-2016, 10:49 AM)thedon Wrote: Wow the last version is a huge improvement especially in the bottom end.
Well Done Big Grin

Hi don massive respect to you for spending time on my thread THANK YOU,i think i spent too much time in trying things out and not realising that my ears were becoming desensitised so i have done a updated mixSmile anyone can leave a reviewSmile.
Thank you,
latest version sounds great.
You have my permission to move on lol ,I will have another shot of this soon when i get some more practice Big Grin

(04-07-2016, 11:36 AM)thedon Wrote:
(30-06-2016, 06:09 PM)Cudjoe Wrote:
Well Done Big Grin

Thank you,
latest version sounds great.
You have my permission to move on lol ,I will have another shot of this soon when i get some more practice Big Grin

lol thanks again mate.
Hey Cudjoe, listening to you're latest revision and it sounds great! The only things that I can really complain about is that the bass and kick seem to be fighting around 200-400 Hz and the toms are quite muffled compared to the rest of the drums. I recommend using a dynamic eq on the bass triggered from the kick in that 200-400 Hz range so that it gels a little more. In the bridge the lead vocal could come down a little more to fit with the mix but otherwise the mix is fine.

Cheers,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(05-07-2016, 08:23 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Hey Cudjoe, listening to you're latest revision and it sounds great! The only things that I can really complain about is that the bass and kick seem to be fighting around 200-400 Hz and the toms are quite muffled compared to the rest of the drums. I recommend using a dynamic eq on the bass triggered from the kick in that 200-400 Hz range so that it gels a little more. In the bridge the lead vocal could come down a little more to fit with the mix but otherwise the mix is fine.

Cheers,
Dcp

Thanks dcp I will look into this, cheers.
After listening to the mix i agree with you dcp so i have done another mix please leave comments,cheers.

.mp3    Actions,One Minute Smile punchier MIX.updated 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.18 MB)