Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mandubien's mix
Hi there !

Here's my mix ! I used a lot of CLA techniques for this one ! Hope you will like it Smile

Cheers from France

.m4a    A place for Mandubien.m4a --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

that kind of pumping compression really did resembles CLA , good job Mandubien... , but for this kind of genre... I think it's a bit too much for the compression in my taste...

overall it's a solid mix and good balances...

actually Im working on this stems right now.... , Im a little bit lost to seeing so many drum tracks in this song.... @_@
(27-06-2016, 10:48 AM)Gexx Wrote: that kind of pumping compression really did resembles CLA , good job Mandubien... , but for this kind of genre... I think it's a bit too much for the compression in my taste...

overall it's a solid mix and good balances...

actually Im working on this stems right now.... , Im a little bit lost to seeing so many drum tracks in this song.... @_@

Thank you for your feedback Smile

Actually, I did not use all the drum tracks. First I mixed all e-drums together and bounced a single stereo track of them. Way much easier to mix then.
Then I listened to the two drum kits, and chose only the best tracks to my ears for the song (so as I had a CLA-type mix in my head, I took the rockiest tracks). I usually prefer to choose the drum samples myself, so I did not use the ones which were given.

For backing vocals, same as e-drums : just do a stereo tracks for the gangs, and the backing vocals singing the same things.

At the end, I only had 29 tracks Smile
yeah.. that's what Im doing.... , but what I mean is this so many tracks are giving us so many mix direction... and that's hard to dicide , it could be bad mix or good mix depend on the direction we took... , I guess I'll try my best too Smile
Really nice sounding mix!
Yeah, really nice work Smile Enjoyed it.