Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Fell From The Sky_ 'Not You' (Lashing Studio Mix)
Hey there guys! So this is my first attemp at mixing material that's not mine. I chose a rock band, for being closer to what my own project plays. Post your comments and critics of my mix to help me improve!

.mp3    We Fell From The Sky_ \'Not You\' (Lashing Studio Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 4.76 MB)

Good mix. Great energy!

Few notes:

Guitars seemed to pull a little to the left channel.
A few vocals and the lead in the bridge seemed a little high.
Maybe a tad more low-mids, although that's very much matter of taste.

Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Hey Jeff!

Thanks for the pointers, whenever I have some time I'll revise those sections!

Best regards!
This is certainly an awesome mix to my ears. Maybe a tiny bit harsh overall, mostly in the vocals and especially in the hi hat (It might be good if you bring down the hi hat down considerably; it is a little distracting and takes away from the guitars). If you tame the harsh frequencies and bring the vocals down a little, it would be an even greater mix than it already is. I love your aggressive approach to mixing. Well done.
(21-08-2016, 07:13 PM)zrmixnoob Wrote: This is certainly an awesome mix to my ears. Maybe a tiny bit harsh overall, mostly in the vocals and especially in the hi hat (It might be good if you bring down the hi hat down considerably; it is a little distracting and takes away from the guitars). If you tame the harsh frequencies and bring the vocals down a little, it would be an even greater mix than it already is. I love your aggressive approach to mixing. Well done.

Thanks a lot for the kind words! When I revisit this mix I'll be sure go over your suggestions!