Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waves
here tis.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mike

.mp3    Waves_Master_2_K12.mp3 --  (Download: 7.46 MB)

Hey Mike, just checking out your mix. You seem to have good balance that translates well onto small laptop speakers (always a good test). I'm not sure about the delay and reverb that I'm hearing. To me it's making the mix sound like it's swimming and flanging alot. Listening with headphones the low mids sound a little over emphasized and the top end is somewhat lacking. Things that I'm sure you can sort out.
Anyway, well done on a challenging task.

Dave
(23-06-2016, 12:45 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Hey Mike, just checking out your mix. You seem to have good balance that translates well onto small laptop speakers (always a good test). I'm not sure about the delay and reverb that I'm hearing. To me it's making the mix sound like it's swimming and flanging alot. Listening with headphones the low mids sound a little over emphasized and the top end is somewhat lacking. Things that I'm sure you can sort out.
Anyway, well done on a challenging task.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the input. Made some changes. Have a listen and if you have time let me know what you think.

I've had to really restrain myself on the kick but when I had a listen to this style of music it seemed that the norm is not too much.

Mike

.mp3    Waves_Master_3_K12.mp3 --  (Download: 7.4 MB)

Hi! Two things comes to mind. The chorusy flangy effects on lead vocals are a bit weird compared to the rest of the mix. The stereo image is focused more on the left side. Not on meters so much, but the acoustic guitar draws a lot of attention on the left side. It isn't necessarily bad, but you could counter balance it by bringing some tracks up on the right side on different parts of the song. For example panning the electric guitar on the opposite side of the acoustic guitar. Good and clean sound, I kind of like your spacial effects, although they might be a bit unconventional for this type of music. Smile