Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**NEW REVISITED MIX** BY Skifeet
Ok i did this one a time ago and with the new gear and all i thought i'd give it another go.

Plz comment so that i can improve my ears and the listening environment.

.mp3    Wall of Death - Femme.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

You got to believe in yourself before you can believe in anything else.
Pretty solid. Listening on headphones, albeit ones that have good bass, I think you need more low end. Kick drum is nicely controlled, but maybe needs a little more thump. I think the vocal level is fine, but it needs more oomph. Its a death growl, it needs to be thunderous. My inclination is to start with low end boost and a touch of reverb and see what starts oozing properly.

I dont know what your setup is, but it could be youre getting way more low end out of it that what im getting...if you think that might be the case, definitely get some listens in on some different systems and rooms.

Without checking out the wave shape, to me it feels like its a little overly compressed...I think theres some room for it to slap you just a little harder...death metal and all that.

Keep up the good work!
(21-06-2016, 09:16 PM)Skifeet Wrote: Ok i did this one a time ago and with the new gear and all i thought i'd give it another go.

Plz comment so that i can improve my ears and the listening environment.
It's a little bit too scooped overall. Your monitors/headphones might have too much midrange.
I just posted my version of this song, please check it out and comment. Thanks!

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=15572