Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Timer
Hello

So I've been producing trance for around 10 years and recently decided to try mixing new genres, this is really my first attempt at it, so any feedback welcome.

Thanks!

(Updated Attachment)

.mp3    [MIXED] Atlantis Bound - It Was My Fault For Waiting.mp3 --  (Download: 9.32 MB)

Hello Wayne

*Guitars have an fx that is making them sound very thin
*Vocal is sounding pretty good
*Balance is solid though I think the brightness of the cymbals and hihat could come down a bit
*There is a resonating freq. in the snare that I don't really like.. but that's personal taste I suppose.
*I Barely hear the bass, it needs more low energy.
*Solo could be a lil bit more upfront. The drums is masking it.

Overall not bad. Keep it up.
Welcome Wayne to this Awesome site.
I agree with shul ,Good job for one of the hardest multitracks on this site.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks so much for the feedback guy! Sounds like I've done not to bad for my first attempt Smile

I've update the MP3 and tried to implement that suggested changes, as well as tried to get a bit more vol out of the track. Struggle to knock with res out the snare however, without making it sound dull.

Anyway, thanks again, and hopefully sounding a a bit better. Really enjoyed mixing this one, can you recommend another good one to try?

Thanks,
Hello Wayne...

I like how you mix it... especially on the silence part after the 1st verse when only the vocals , piano and accoustic guitar are played... , It give me some idea after hearing it.... thank you Smile . Overall I like your mix... but maybe I'll take different approach for the lead guitars stems when it hit the brigde part... It was good when played the solo part but when it hit the bridge part it kind of out of my taste... btw it just my opinion... Keep the good job Smile