Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc - Way Of Life ( Daniel Horta MIX )
Hi guys... Leave some comments and let me know what you think about my mix... Smile

.mp3    Lead Inc - Way Of Life ( mastered ).mp3 --  (Download: 14.54 MB)

Nice mix Daniel,
Wondering if the snare is slightly too loud and possibly dry sounding. Maybe some snare reverb to help it sit in the mix a bit better. Can be a tough thing to judge all the same. Just a thought.

Great Work
Dave
(20-06-2016, 02:01 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice mix Daniel,
Wondering if the snare is slightly too loud and possibly dry sounding. Maybe some snare reverb to help it sit in the mix a bit better. Can be a tough thing to judge all the same. Just a thought.

Great Work
Dave

Thanks for your reply Dave... I think the problem was the loudness of the snare... actually, i think that all the drums are too loud. The problem was I just noticed this after bounce kkkkkkk Smile

Thank you!
Almost 95% of the time, my mistakes are glaring mistakes that I only pickup on after bouncing. It's amazing what our ears can adjust to while mixing, but take our heads out of that zone, and BAM, there's your mistake, dummy!

I agree with Dave, I think the snare is too dry. On your whole kit, give this a try. I love adding a small room reverb on the drums, and parallel process that with a long reverb (and sometimes I feed the small room directly into the large room verb, as well as sending it directly to main or guitar buss). I can hear a longer verb on the drums at parts, but I think adding the small room will add a richness to the tone of your drums. If you're doing this already, maybe bring up the level of the small room a touch, or bring the send to the large room up a bit.

I think your drums may not be too loud, but all your guitars could come up a bit. You voice seems to be sitting properly above the drums. I think you just have to play with the gits some more.

Something I did on the bass was to add sustain with a transient shaper. It felt too staccato for the song for me.

Nice work so far! Maybe a bit more long term automation for movement of the song. Again, mostly in the guitars, to provide some push between some sections, and within verses, also for movement.

You have some pretty good tones set up, now it's time to varnish, buff, varnish, buff, wax, buff, and polish! :-D

Draper
(21-06-2016, 09:51 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Almost 95% of the time, my mistakes are glaring mistakes that I only pickup on after bouncing. It's amazing what our ears can adjust to while mixing, but take our heads out of that zone, and BAM, there's your mistake, dummy!

I agree with Dave, I think the snare is too dry. On your whole kit, give this a try. I love adding a small room reverb on the drums, and parallel process that with a long reverb (and sometimes I feed the small room directly into the large room verb, as well as sending it directly to main or guitar buss). I can hear a longer verb on the drums at parts, but I think adding the small room will add a richness to the tone of your drums. If you're doing this already, maybe bring up the level of the small room a touch, or bring the send to the large room up a bit.

I think your drums may not be too loud, but all your guitars could come up a bit. You voice seems to be sitting properly above the drums. I think you just have to play with the gits some more.

Something I did on the bass was to add sustain with a transient shaper. It felt too staccato for the song for me.

Nice work so far! Maybe a bit more long term automation for movement of the song. Again, mostly in the guitars, to provide some push between some sections, and within verses, also for movement.

You have some pretty good tones set up, now it's time to varnish, buff, varnish, buff, wax, buff, and polish! :-D

Draper

Hey Draper, thank you so much for your reply... I really think this comunity is a marvelous place to share experiencies, teachings and, with some great replys like yours, I just confirm this. I wrote down all Smile
"as well as sending it directly to main or guitar buss" I meant send it to the drum buss, btw. . . :-D
Nice stuff. Definitely agree the snares a bit dry, mainly in the less busy intro, id want to hear a little sauce on the snare...the sauce could back down during the denser part of the arrangement. I was going nuts on a bounce earlier today, there was a twidgle in the mixdown that I swear on my life you cant even hear it when playing the session file. Very unsettling to hear actual differences from the session to the mixdown, i dont know if thats a common thing.

Id like to hear more vocal. I feel like your vocal level is in the realm of where reference mixes can hang at, so i dont think youre way off base where youve got it now, but id like a little more of it. Think it could drive a little harder.

Overall really nice work. Thanks for sharing.
(22-06-2016, 03:52 AM)RyanThompson Wrote: Nice stuff. Definitely agree the snares a bit dry, mainly in the less busy intro, id want to hear a little sauce on the snare...the sauce could back down during the denser part of the arrangement. I was going nuts on a bounce earlier today, there was a twidgle in the mixdown that I swear on my life you cant even hear it when playing the session file. Very unsettling to hear actual differences from the session to the mixdown, i dont know if thats a common thing.

Id like to hear more vocal. I feel like your vocal level is in the realm of where reference mixes can hang at, so i dont think youre way off base where youve got it now, but id like a little more of it. Think it could drive a little harder.

Overall really nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your reply man... I agree with all your said. In a next time I'll try to be more careful! Smile
The mix is good but perhaps a bit too safe. It's like there aren't any major spotlights.
(23-06-2016, 05:50 AM)hanibal005 Wrote: The mix is good but perhaps a bit too safe. It's like there aren't any major spotlights.

Thank you for your reply. Good point of view hanibal... That's something to think about! Smile