Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way of Life
Had some fun with this mix. There were a lot of challenges to overcome. And this genre is still new to me. How high do I mix the vocals? Are the cymbals supposed to be lower or higher in the mix? What is the role of the bass in this genre? etc.
I listened to some reference mixes but there are very few female metal bands to compare this to. (At least I didn't find many).
Anyway. Here's my version...

.mp3    Way Of Life.mp3 --  (Download: 11.79 MB)

Hi SalyerGL,
Pretty solid mix. I'm in the dark for the most part with this genre also, but it sounds like you're on the right path. I'm not a big fan of the doubled vocals in this song. I guess they gave us the 2 vox tracks to explore the possibilities though. I also feel the overheads (cymbols) may be a little bright and washy at times. (prehaps some transient controlling?) Anyway these are just taste things a not really a criticism. Nice Work

Dave
I like most of the choices you made. I think the vocals are a bit thick at points and could use some creative flavoring. I also notice the drums losing impact as the song gets more dense. You are on the right track for sure.