Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Let The Devil - Olli H
I had mixed this first time couple of years ago with Pro TOols, but I didn't post it then. Here's my new Reaper version of it with new ideas.

.mp3    dont-let-the-devil-2016-06-15-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 14.15 MB)

Nicely done Olli.
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
sounds nice! i like how the kick and bass work with the vocal, in quiter but also in louder parts. well doneSmile
--
Thanks for listening!
Wow, very well balanced mix Olli !
I particularly like the tight drums and dynamic guitar sounds.
Good job !
Thanks
Olli,
Very nicely presented. Good capture of the performance. If I noticed anything it would be slightly too much mastering compression (or two buss) and just a tad over-crisp. I think the high end can be carried by the good transient response and the quality of your tracks can support a deeper, less compressed sound field. I am guessing this would sound great in the car.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks, you're probably right with both issues you mentioned.

Maybe I had too bright reference. I've also noticed that (probably?) my HD600 headphones give a bit too dark sound (=> mixes too bright). While my genelecs maybe give a bit too bright sound (=> mixes too dark). Lately I've tried to fix that problem by boosting a bit above 12 k the signal that goes to my headphones. But I haven't found any "objective" solution to that problem, so I'm still working with that issue

I typically mix around -18db RMS level, and sometimes I test the mix with heavy or very heavy faux mastering (only compressor+clipper+limiter-combination added). But still I prefer the non-mastered version. Nowadays I tend to master with VU meter calibrated at -10 RMS level. (I also have modern LUFS meters, but I stopped using them. I like the old fashioned VU meter more.) Year ago I mastered to louder levels.

Sorry for the late answer but for some reason nowadays I don't get anymore notifications/messages from cambridge-mt.com. I've checked also my spam filter, but those messages just don't reach me. I found this comment just by accident.