Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Lead Inc: 'Way Of Life'
Time to let the cat out of the bag. This has been my spare time mix, 5mins here and 10mins there and after a couple of weeks, Voila! here it is. I'm not very familiar with this genre, so I not totally sure how it should sound. In saying that, I found it a great song to work with and just tried to exploit what was there. Thanks to the band for making these tracks available.
Dave.

Update 18/06/16. Some slight drum bus automation adjustments to #3.

.mp3    LeadInc_WayOfLife_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 14.13 MB)

.mp3    LeadInc_WayOfLife_Danderous#3.mp3 --  (Download: 14.13 MB)

Nice sounding , almost lo fi drums, but kick and snare could hit harder.
(11-06-2016, 09:15 AM)Obelix Wrote: Nice sounding , almost lo fi drums, but kick and snare could hit harder.
Thanks for having a listen Obelix, I've been playing around with the level of the snare, up and down for the last week. Perhaps it needs to come up again. Will look into it. Thanks again.
Hey Dave,
I like your mix ,it Sounds well balanced ,just missing some smack on the snare a touch more top end air 2k up would sound cool and filter out the low frequencies on the snare in the side channels for a touch more centre definition which is one thong I have to also do in the next version.
Cheers Big Grin

Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(13-06-2016, 10:39 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Dave,
I like your mix ,it Sounds well balanced ,just missing some smack on the snare a touch more top end air 2k up would sound cool and filter out the low frequencies on the snare in the side channels for a touch more centre definition which is one thong I have to also do in the next version.
Cheers Big Grin

Don

Thanks Don, for echoing Obelix's comments. I needed to hear this! I have made some alterations based on your recommendations. Mono-ed up, a bit more focused and I have added some air. I think it's a bit more defined and punchy now. What I would do for a library of drum samples.

Dave
i like your mix, the drum sounds very natural, maybe need more impact but still sounds good.
i think the heavy part of the song doesn't sound heavy in your mix compare to the "soft" part, and the vocals could be more clear.

great job overall
Nice clarity.
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Hey Dave, in version 2 nothing sounds bad. . . . (leaving this as it is, however I moved my rig to a different, temporary space and I had wired my speakers backwards, so my comment about it not sounding bad vs me saying it sounding good was founded on stupid psychoachoustic flim-flammery. It's amazing how switching the stereo image can make a mix feel wrong, even if technically you can't find anything wrong) The verses feels really left channel heavy. The static guitar that you have panned, left, I automated so that it panned across the entire spectrum. Having it in on position made the mix feel too off kilter. If you don't feel like automating it, maybe pan it center, or create a fake double just like you would a vocal, and hard pan the two. Other than that, I like it!

Nice work Dave!

Draper
(14-06-2016, 10:07 PM)lupulus Wrote: i like your mix, the drum sounds very natural, maybe need more impact but still sounds good.
i think the heavy part of the song doesn't sound heavy in your mix compare to the "soft" part, and the vocals could be more clear.

great job overall

Thanks for the comments lupulus. I need to spend some more time listening to this type of music to get more of an idea on how these songs should sound.
Dave
(15-06-2016, 01:33 AM)Faders_up Wrote: Nice clarity.

Thanks Faders up Appreciated. Smile
Dave