Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anna Blanton - Waves
Lot of challenges in this one. First time mixing Reaper. Moving from Logic because Logics Automation is brokenSad

.mp3    Anna Blanton.mp3 --  (Download: 7.42 MB)

This has a genuine Americana mix feel to it and I like it.. my version aims for a Pop mix feel though Americana is the default stye of the song itself. I believe some songs can have different mix styles applied that work great and this song is an example of that.

Reaper has grown into a fine workstation, I think you've gone in a better direction with Reaper.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
I’m using also Reaper. Very powerful DAW. If this is your first mix with Reaper, you’ve learned it very quickly. For me it took 10 mixes before I learned to use Reaper as Reaper. First I tryied to use it as Pro TOols

I like your mix. Band rolls nicely

As vox is quite loud now, now it don’t blend to band, and one can hear too clearly a stereo effect in it. On the other hand band is pretty dry. Maybe I would just diminsh the reverb from vox, to create more illusion of band performing together.
Love the distortion on the electric! It gives it a cool feel! You did a great job knocking the hand percussion part down quite a bit! I like what you've gotten out of this! Sorry it took so long to respond!

Nice work!
Draper