Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wess Meets West: '64 Bristol' kapu mix
Sticks. Why? Smile

.m4a    wess_meets_west-__64_bristol__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 14.52 MB)

.m4a    wess_meets_west-__64_bristol__kapu_mix_new.m4a --  (Download: 14.05 MB)

Nice mix you've got going on here kapu, it sounds warm, has lots of atmosphere, and is well balanced which is tricky on a record with this many tracks, good work! Smile

I really can't see much that you need to improve here on your mix here, maybe less reverb on the guitars in the bigger sections and bump up the vocals towards the end. The mix fits this track well!

Cheers,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Hello

*Its a good mix but I agree with dcp. There is a lot of reverb going on.
*intro fx is too loud for my taste and I feel its making conflict with the guitars.
*Also there is a low resonating freq. Coming from the bass. I would do a sweep and cut. I believe this is giving your mix a bit of a problem in the low end.

Other than that its a solid mix.

Tanks for the feedback. I did some minor adjustments, although I left the reverbs almost untouched. Smile
Awesome Mix kapu. Love the atmosphere and energy. Yes it's reverb heavy but I feel your in control of it. Very engaging track to listen to. Well Done.
(07-06-2016, 12:08 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Awesome Mix kapu. Love the atmosphere and energy. Yes it's reverb heavy but I feel your in control of it. Very engaging track to listen to. Well Done.

Thanks. Tried my best.
Made a new mix. Actually I'm quite suprised how similar it turned out to be.