Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anna Blanton - Waves (M&F)
Nice Job We must all really love chopping to take on this mix. I wish I could hear the guitar a bit more for my taste. Really nice job though.
(08-06-2016, 02:18 PM)Nos Wrote: Nice Job We must all really love chopping to take on this mix. I wish I could hear the guitar a bit more for my taste. Really nice job though.

Thanks, the acoustic has some really good organic sounds in it like the body slap and string slides.. the mix decision on the acoustic takes these 2 other embedded sounds into account as they stick out above the acoustic ride.. I think there's a balance that can be found even with all 3 sounds in the single acoustic track that can provide a warm middle rhythm in line with the drum work.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Final version upped
Revisited this one from 2 years ago.. I will be revisiting a few of my older posts with up to date (current) skillset mixes.

The mastered and mix-only versions are attached. With the master, its purposely aggressive and sonically shaped (my preferred "sound" I've progressed into over the last 2 years).

.m4a    Waves - Master rev2.m4a --  (Download: 6.07 MB)

.m4a    Waves - Mix rev2.m4a --  (Download: 6.01 MB)

new versions sound better. maybe take down some percussions with higher frequencies? first i thought maybe some effects were too much, but they actually fit quite nicely. great work indeed. ^_^
(15-06-2018, 11:03 PM)kapu Wrote: new versions sound better. maybe take down some percussions with higher frequencies? first i thought maybe some effects were too much, but they actually fit quite nicely. great work indeed. ^_^

I agree on the highs.. it can be touched down. I like the area field “feel” of this, I may have a go at her other tune to match it to this one and see how the overall feel sound between them.
Remastered the last mix as to adjust handling of high balancing.

.m4a    Waves - Master Rev3.m4a --  (Download: 6.16 MB)

Anna Blanton 24-bit 44.1 master "Medley"

1) Waves
2) Rachel

https://s3.amazonaws.com/digitaldruglord...Medley.wav

-this is such a beautiful artist. Rachel takes a touch different in dynamic to match the emotion of the song.
Nice work syncing the tracks and bringing that crazy mess of an acoustic guitar track to life.