Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of The Doppler Shift: Atrophy
Here is my mix of the song! Please let me know what you think of it!

Cheers!

.mp3    Atrophy.mp3 --  (Download: 6.11 MB)

Oooh - nice use of distortion on the vocals during the chorus.
I did the same thing but wussed out and had it lower in volume - it sounds good the way you have it in this track.

There is a problem with the overheads in this song (the multitracks- nothing you have done) in that the snare doesn't stay central if they are panned hard L-R. Its really obvious in the post-chorus bridgy bit around 3:10 where the snare seems to be flicking to the right a bit. To get around this, have the overheads set at around 40-50% panning in either direction. (or in the case of this track you need to use a plugin to reduce the stereo width)

You have put together a good mix, Ottorino. Just maybe bring up the level of the fast strummed guitar that comes in during only two spots - towards the end of the song and right at the very end - to give the finale of the song more of a lift.

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
(09-05-2013, 05:47 PM)Dags Wrote: Oooh - nice use of distortion on the vocals during the chorus.
I did the same thing but wussed out and had it lower in volume - it sounds good the way you have it in this track.

There is a problem with the overheads in this song (the multitracks- nothing you have done) in that the snare doesn't stay central if they are panned hard L-R. Its really obvious in the post-chorus bridgy bit around 3:10 where the snare seems to be flicking to the right a bit. To get around this, have the overheads set at around 40-50% panning in either direction. (or in the case of this track you need to use a plugin to reduce the stereo width)

You have put together a good mix, Ottorino. Just maybe bring up the level of the fast strummed guitar that comes in during only two spots - towards the end of the song and right at the very end - to give the finale of the song more of a lift.

Dags

Thank you! A lite distortion on the vocal is a really great trick to get it more obvious in loud chorus'.

Well I kind off understand what you mean. The thing is that to get at perspective that you are standing infront of a drumkit your need to pan the drums individually with toms and snare. And at the most drums the snare is a little bit to the right if you stand infront of it. However I noticed that I had paned it the wrong direction. So the snare should be a little bit to the left instead, the drummers perspective.

If I misunderstood you please tell me!

I post the new one here Smile

Thank you Dags!

.mp3    Atrophy.mp3 --  (Download: 6.33 MB)

It's all good, ottorino! Smile
I now understand your approach with the drums and leaving the snare where it is actually positioned in relation to the kit instead of making it 'central'.
(The snare can be made to be central in overheads with careful setup and measurement of the mics but this wasn't done for the song)

This is a good mix you have put together. Really well done indeed!

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Hello ottarino I just put up a mix of this song and I'm really impressed with how you handled the vocals, in my opinion it's the hardest part of the mix. The 'essing' was tamed very well in your version.

Everything else sounded fine too.