Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
64 Bristol (advanced lvl)
Sorry for the late answer,

I was referring to the low end acuumulated from all those tracks that made your previous miw kinda muddy in that freq range. But I can hear that you adressed that in your 2nd mix !

As for dynamic range, you mentioned your use of a limiter, it must have been that as this is also fixed in your new mix !

Good job !
(02-06-2016, 06:46 PM)EKN Wrote: Sorry for the late answer,

I was referring to the low end acuumulated from all those tracks that made your previous miw kinda muddy in that freq range. But I can hear that you adressed that in your 2nd mix !

As for dynamic range, you mentioned your use of a limiter, it must have been that as this is also fixed in your new mix !

Good job !

I agree it was that.

Glad to know it was improved. Thanks for the kind words.
Thanks for the feedback. I like your mix. Nothing to add, except tons of reverb maybe, as you know. Smile
Hi Shul, first of all the mix you've got here sounds great,most of what I have to comment on is more taste things but overall the mix here is great.

The thing I most noticed about your mix is that the drums really are back in the mix, it almost seems like they are just there which is an interesting move for something of this style. I do like it but it does tend to make the guitars seem like they are dominating the mix.Maybe turning up the drums some more and turning down the guitars alittle will help split the difference and help the balance of the track.

The bass also sounds nice,but in its melodic parts it seems to be down in the mix and doesn't really cut through. I found automating up the bass in those parts plus using a more distorted tone helped to bring those parts out more in the mix.

I like the vocals in your mix, they just lift up the "choruses" and help the more anthemic feel of the track.

Again alot of my oberservations are taste things, the mix you've got here really sounds great and has more of a Sigor Ros feel to it with the layers.

Cheers,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(07-06-2016, 02:16 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Hi Shul, first of all the mix you've got here sounds great,most of what I have to comment on is more taste things but overall the mix here is great.

The thing I most noticed about your mix is that the drums really are back in the mix, it almost seems like they are just there which is an interesting move for something of this style. I do like it but it does tend to make the guitars seem like they are dominating the mix.Maybe turning up the drums some more and turning down the guitars alittle will help split the difference and help the balance of the track.

The bass also sounds nice,but in its melodic parts it seems to be down in the mix and doesn't really cut through. I found automating up the bass in those parts plus using a more distorted tone helped to bring those parts out more in the mix.

I like the vocals in your mix, they just lift up the "choruses" and help the more anthemic feel of the track.

Again alot of my oberservations are taste things, the mix you've got here really sounds great and has more of a Sigor Ros feel to it with the layers.

Cheers,
Dcp

Hey man thanks for the feedback.

I agree drums are too far back in comparison with the guitars. I don't remember why I left them like that exactly. I do know that mostly it was to get more of an experimental/ambient drum sound rather than a sharp aggressive and in your face sound. I admit I uses the guitars as the most important tracks in the song.. Everything else was to support them as they had the most melodic sound in them.

I will take a different approach next time.
Thanks.
(07-06-2016, 01:05 PM)kapu Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I like your mix. Nothing to add, except tons of reverb maybe, as you know. Smile

Lol yes. Thank s for the feedback.
Hi Shul !

That's a good mix ! There's nothing wrong with your version, which as you said will be different from all others. If it's respectful of what you had in mind, well that's a good mix, period.

One more time, I hear nothing wrong here. You emphasized the guitars more than drums (love your hi hats by the way, very smooth Smile ), and that's correct choice when we see so many guitar tracks.

Hello Shul! I can imagine how hard it wasBig Grin
I like your mix, and I don't know what to criticize here. We all have different references,
Well done!
Thanks for the kind words guys. All are very appreciated Smile.
Hey Shul, the overall sonics here are definitely in the right direction. The mix seems a bit keyboard-heavy to me, I would like to hear a bigger guitar sound. I've noticed your mixes are improving, keep working at it the progress is evident.

Cheers,
Mick