Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secretariat: 'Over The Top'
Here is version 1
Spent about an hour so far.
Went for a slightly wet sound
Used the recorded drum tracks ,lined up the kick with the overheads kick and inverted the phase of the kick track.
Listening back.
Can hear some resonant frequencies that need taming.
Vocals need more de-essing as clashing with the overheads.
Needs A little more overall balance and eq on the guitars especially the upper mids.

All comments and advice to improve welcome as usual.

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Over the top V1..mp3 --  (Download: 9.2 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Fantastic sound so far Don. Great balance and energy. Sounds pretty close I reckon. Really love the drums and vocals. The only suggestion I can think of is some extra width mainly with the guitars perhaps.
(31-05-2016, 11:31 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Fantastic sound so far Don. Great balance and energy. Sounds pretty close I reckon. Really love the drums and vocals. The only suggestion I can think of is some extra width mainly with the guitars perhaps.
Thanks For having a Listen Dave.
I'm happy you like it so far and agree about the width , I need a lot more practice with guitars.
Give it a go It's a great song.
Cheers Big Grin

Snare sounds nice and vintage ,bit of delay of 15 ms on one side would take the guitars out a bit more
Little bit more deess on vox would be good but overall the mix sounds pretty good.
(31-05-2016, 01:31 PM)takka360 Wrote: Snare sounds nice and vintage ,bit of delay of 15 ms on one side would take the guitars out a bit more
Little bit more deess on vox would be good but overall the mix sounds pretty good.
Great idea ,I will try the delay on the guitars and de-essing.

Cheers Big Grin

(30-05-2016, 11:47 AM)thedon Wrote: Here is version 1
Used the recorded drum tracks ,lined up the kick with the overheads kick and inverted the phase of the kick track.
Listening back.
Needs A little more overall balance and eq on the guitars especially the upper mids.

Cheers Big Grin

----------------
Don,

Dang, how'd ya get dat mix so darn loud????? Wow....nice and full. Yeah some frequencies sticking out but once you correct those.....dang!!!!!

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(07-09-2017, 09:35 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(30-05-2016, 11:47 AM)thedon Wrote: Here is version 1
Listening back.

Cheers Big Grin

----------------
Don,

Dang, how'd ya get dat mix so darn loud????? Wow....nice and full. Yeah some frequencies sticking out but once you correct those.....dang!!!!!

Tom
Hi Tom ,
I got this loud with smoke and mirrors lol !
Had a quick look at the session and I and used a lot of plugins like vocal and bass rider 1176, 2A , 3a ,SSl in small stages and cla signature bundle on drums ,bass,guitars and vocals .
Sweeping with a parametric with a Q of 1 at 1 db ,Will have to sort out some frequency build up which I can also hear in other mixes around the 200 ,400,800 and 1600 hz area with the vocals snare guitars which are all octaves

Thanks Big Grin