Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
64 Bristol
Here is my attempt at this song but I hope it works..... I used the vocals to match like any other instrument since it is not used very often.

Frank

.mp3    64 Bristol.mp3 --  (Download: 13.58 MB)

Hi Frank,
Your mix puzzles me because it sounds very boxy during the first minute, and not that much in the rest of the song. Maybe the way you EQ'd the guitars ? That guitar arriving @0:22 sounds quite weird to my ears, like a guitar amp sim would sound without a cab simulator, a lot of hi frequencies and lack of "body" ???
Interresting mix, takes some time to get used to after hearing this song in another way so many times. Very clear mix.
Hey frank

*overall balance is good. There will hardly be a "wrong" in this song because of the many directions one can take.
*guitars sound like they have distortion on top of the distortion already in them. In my opinion this is bad for what you have as it makes the guitars sound way over processed in comparison with the rest of the mix.
*overall eq is a bit too bright for me but this is generally a taste thing.
*drums are sounding nice seating in the back.

All in all this is good. Keep it up.
Tried a quick attempt at trying to do a couple of things. That weird guitar sound was coming from the bass....

Frank

.mp3    64 Bristol1.mp3 --  (Download: 13.58 MB)