Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GOOD TIME AND MAN IT SURE WAS MIXING THIS
HERE IS MY VERSION OF THIS SONG I NO I'M LATE TO THE TABLE BUT BETTER LATE THEN NEVER Big Grin

ADDED A NEW MIX TO REDUCE THE DELAY ON THE GTR SOLO AND REMOVE THE REVERB ON THE DRUMS.

.mp3    LouisCressyBand_GoodTime FINAL MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 10.91 MB)

.mp3    LouisCressyBand_GoodTime FINAL MIX 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.91 MB)

.mp3    LouisCressyBand_GoodTime FINAL MIX 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.91 MB)

.mp3    LouisCressyBand_GoodTime FINAL MIX 4.mp3 --  (Download: 10.91 MB)

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
Hey D.
Really solid sounding mix. It's just sounding a little drenched in reverb for me. The bottom end is sounding a little saturated also, but I'm suspecting that this maybe a result of the reverb. I'm not taken with the effect on the guitar solo. It's making it sound a bit "messy" at times. You might what to try and dry it up a bit and even pan the effect off to one side, but I guess that's a taste thing. Anyhow, good mix, balance and arrangement.

Dave
(28-05-2016, 06:17 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hey D.
Really solid sounding mix. It's just sounding a little drenched in reverb for me. The bottom end is sounding a little saturated also, but I'm suspecting that this maybe a result of the reverb. I'm not taken with the effect on the guitar solo. It's making it sound a bit "messy" at times. You might what to try and dry it up a bit and even pan the effect off to one side, but I guess that's a taste thing. Anyhow, good mix, balance and arrangement.

Dave

Thanks Dave, ill look into that reverb a bit maybe a hipass on it would help,
i really like a delay on guitar that just my style but what i could do it make it dynamic so it more tasteful and tailor it back just a tad to bring that dry perspective you mentioned. that for the listen!!
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”