Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelsaint - my first mix in this genre
Hey everyone,

Here's my mix of Angelsaint, my first mix in this genre. Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

.mp3    Triviul_Angelsaint.mp3 --  (Download: 4.25 MB)

(27-12-2016, 10:28 PM)Duke1418 Wrote: Hey everyone,

Here's my mix of Angelsaint, my first mix in this genre. Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

sounds good!
(28-12-2016, 07:53 AM)Aresfin Wrote:
(27-12-2016, 10:28 PM)Duke1418 Wrote: Hey everyone,

Thanks!

sounds good!

Thank you Aresfin!
I won't dive too much into the particulars of this mix. Just because I'm not familiar with the tracks and what you had to work with.

I will say I do want more from the final product. It feels static and restrained and small. Nothing sounds bad but it should be bigger and more cinematic. I have trouble discerning sections of the song.

On the most basic level I have trouble making out the lyrics. In a song like this there isn't too much to lean on besides that. If the listener can make a personal connection with the words then that smooths over most issues with any mix. Though I say that as an American who speaks English (not well,ha) so that may be biased but I still think it's true.

Personally I've only done one Triviul song and I didn't do a very good job. They're a little tough. It takes some work to transform them to the next level. On the plus side it feels like a track that you can do anything to and it would be appropriate.
(04-01-2017, 11:43 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I won't dive too much into the particulars of this mix. Just because I'm not familiar with the tracks and what you had to work with.

I will say I do want more from the final product. It feels static and restrained and small. Nothing sounds bad but it should be bigger and more cinematic. I have trouble discerning sections of the song.

On the most basic level I have trouble making out the lyrics. In a song like this there isn't too much to lean on besides that. If the listener can make a personal connection with the words then that smooths over most issues with any mix. Though I say that as an American who speaks English (not well,ha) so that may be biased but I still think it's true.

Personally I've only done one Triviul song and I didn't do a very good job. They're a little tough. It takes some work to transform them to the next level. On the plus side it feels like a track that you can do anything to and it would be appropriate.

Thanks for your input @RoyMatthews. I'm new to mixing, and I know I have a lot to learn. I'll relisten to the mix, and see if I can make it feel less restrained and static. I appreciate your thoughts!