Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come Around (Intermediate-advance session)
Yeah. One thing I've learned is to separate the fixing from the mixing. I know I can't spend an hour replacing drums and searching for noises and resonances then try to be creative.

I'm starting to work backwards. If the tracks sound at least ok I just dive into mixing and following what inspires while the song is new and fresh and exciting to me then going back and fixing. Even if that means starting from scratch, at least I have those mix ideas in my head or in a previous session.
(21-11-2016, 03:13 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: If the tracks sound at least ok I just dive into mixing and following what inspires while the song is new and fresh and exciting to me then going back and fixing. Even if that means starting from scratch, at least I have those mix ideas in my head or in a previous session.

Good advice. I have found my self in moments where I no longer want to work in ideas because I'm exhausted by the editing.
I should start doing that instead of editing.. or maybe edit one day and once all that is done come back the next day with a fresher mind.