Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
64 Bristol - Wess Meets West
Wow, that's a lot of tracks Smile Anyhows, here's my go at it. Basically it's compression, eq, some reverb and a bit of phasing. I grouped the guitars into separate sections to make mixing them a bit easier.

Have to say that I enjoyed the preview mix! Nice and loud, lots of punch. I only listened to it after finishing mine, just to see the difference.

.mp3    64Bristol - Wess Meets West.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

The only thing I feel is the guitars are a bit too loud and drowning the drums a tad.
Great drum sound,kick especially .
Sounds good overall tho ,good work .
Thanks! I agree on the guitars being a bit too loud
great mix! maybe you could have cleaned out a little lowmid. nice phasing on the guitars!
I agree with Alan about the guitars being a bit loud. Other than that, great sound, very energetic mix !
Nice mix, just noticing the hi-hat being on the right, that just feels wrong. Nice guitar effects added.
Nice job whoosh. As noted, the guitars do seem to be a little hot. It does make the whole track feel like it has a lot of energy though. Maybe try adding a side buss to the drums and compress the hell out of it. It might bring the drums up right where they need to be, with no loss of energy from lowering all those guitar tracks.

Cheers

Draper
Hi whoosh,

Really nice work. I don't think the levels are that off, I think it's more of a separation thing. I know how hard getting the separations can be given all the tracks and especially the guitar tracks.
Then, again I haven't even started my mix so we'll see.

T