Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Time (JM mix)
What a treat to mix, awesome band! Also thanks for everyone else's tracks which helped me shape mine and give me lots of great ideas Smile

.mp3    Louis Cressy Band - Good Time (JM V1).mp3 --  (Download: 8.88 MB)

Nice work. I like how you have dirtied things up somewhat. I also like the drum tones, although I want to reach for the fader to pull the snare and the kick back a couple of dB's. Quite overpowering when listening at lower volumes. Your guitars are working quite well, maybe the first guitar could come up in the mix after the intro. (it's sounding a little distant and lost).
Good One. Smile
ILL echo what dave said the drums are very proud and i also hear a little high end in the lead vox and some sibilance leveling everything out is a minor thing one trick i do when i first set my static mix is put a pink niose on a track and go thru all my tracks and set the volume just barley to hear it over the pink niose this gives me a great starting point for my mix before i do any sculpting or compression
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”