Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Doppler Shift: 'Atrophy my version
Here is my version and interpretation of the mix.
I appreciate your honest opinion!
Angel

.mp3    The Doppler Shift- \'Atrophy.mp3 --  (Download: 12.06 MB)

Hiya and welcome!

Not a bad first mix at all, so my suggestions can be considered cosmetic Smile

I'm not sure what I'm hearing in the kick drum that seems a bit out of place - it could be the overall level of the kick is a bit loud for the mix or the vocals could be a little low in the mix so they seem a little lost in comparison to the low end energy coming from the kick.
The tom drums, as I discovered, need to have their levels automated throughout the song to keep them in balance. The section starting at 3:41 or so could benefit from having them raised in level - I can hear the upper impact well enough but the body of the drum is missing from the mix until about 4:08.

The vocals could also benefit from being given a bit of tasteful delay or something during the chorus to make them 'larger than life' during these sections.

The fast lead guitar section at the end could also be brought up in level a little bit more to really give a lift to the finale of the song.

As I said, these are just some things that I am noticing during my first few listens to the song, and could be considered as my own personal tastes coming through.
But I think you have a really good first cut here Rik and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Keep it up!

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
I agree here the vocals need to come up a maybe a bit of delay to make them sound not so lifeless and i also think the kick is a tad loud.