Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dino Mix
Hello, this is my first time here, and my first ever attempt at mixing. Doesn't sound promising, I know, but any feedback would be appreciated.
If it sounds a bit low, it's because I tried to avoid any clipping, which I think is one of the most important things.

.mp3    dinomix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.61 MB)

Hi ,
I think you have under estimated your talent I think you have done a Pretty for good job for a first attempt and does sound promising we have to start somewhere !
Just needs some eq and level adjustments.
sounds a touch bottom end heavy ,Try rolling off the low frequencies of the kick and bass below 50hz (just for now ) and remove some boxyness from the kick drum with graphic of parametric eq around the 150hz area to give the also bass some space and a touch more punch .Maybe remove any effects especially on the master buss as would like to hear your mix dry to try to help with eq and balance.
The synth that comes in at 0.35 could come down a touch maybe a little eq reduction by 2-3 db around the1,5 to 6k area and eq the low end of the reverb below 1k (Just for Now) .
The tambourine could come down a touch.
Also maybe rolling off the low frequencies of the guitar solo reverb also below 1k .
Hope this feedback helps a little Big Grin.
CheersBig Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I'll definitely check out the things you've suggested and see how it comes out. By the way I can upload the dry version if you want to take a listen to it. Thanks a lot for the feedback Smile
I really like the space you put on the solo instruments. My only objection would be that them seem a bit divergent from the core of the mix. I think this more a level issue than a texture issue. the fun of this piece is that it can be mixed a dozen different ways and each find something interesting in them.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]