Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiring Mandubien's mix
Hello,

I think this tune gave us the best recorded tracks ever !! Awesome recording !! That was a true pleasure to mix this cool song !

.m4a    Tiring.m4a --  (Download: 7.93 MB)

Hi! It's sounds fine!!!
Without any advicesBig Grin
hi Konek !

Really ? Not even a little something I did wrong somewhere ? :p
I think you captured the mood, this is importantSmile
Hey there Smile Nice work.

As i replied to u in my post our mixes have quite different directions...Yours is much more focused on strings, leaving guitars very low in the mix. Also seems like you have used just one guitar on the left during the verses, and just one guitar on the right during the chorus...or am i wrong?

Your drums sound is nice, the only that im not a big fan is the hard L/hard right panned toms.

And lastly you could have used some automation on the strings in the bridge, specially at 2:16 it's quite lost. Could be nice to close the stereo of the strings a bit too. I know the violins are on the left but the center of the stereo is pretty empty as u are paning out a lot all of the instruments.

But hey, it's a nice work. Those are just my personal thoughts Tongue
Hi,

When i'm listening mixes on this website i always feel there is something to correct or change with them, but this one is pretty awesome Smile Good job
Okay, there's a balance issue here. The instruments seem to be pretty well all in the left speaker. There are some things out right, yeah, but not much by comparison for most of the tune. If the tune feels lopsided, it's not going to be comfortable to listen to, especially through earbuds. (Try it!) If you want to keep things primary left-leaning for the bulk of the tune, consider putting in a Haas delay into the other speaker and panning the reverb from each to the opposite speaker. Doesn't have to be up as high as the principle audio and in fact you'll find it hard to get it there even if you try, but it can help make things fatter, wider, and more comfortable overall while still giving you what you're after in terms of positioning and having the listener know that that instrument is sitting on one side of the stage.
Old West Audio