Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merrygold - Motherload
My version of this song. I really enjoyed mixing it.

Would love some tips and feedback!

.mp3    MerryGold - Motherload.mp3 --  (Download: 4.39 MB)

Very good use of the snare in this mix, which was not easy to do. Even though your mix is very monophonic, it works very well. I like the way you used the bass as well. I would try your mix again with more of a stereo spread for the instruments and see what you come up with. The ending could be a handled better too. A bit too abrupt for my liking.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(24-05-2016, 11:36 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very good use of the snare in this mix, which was not easy to do. Even though your mix is very monophonic, it works very well. I like the way you used the bass as well. I would try your mix again with more of a stereo spread for the instruments and see what you come up with. The ending could be a handled better too. A bit too abrupt for my liking.

Thank you for your reply! I've done a new mix now where I panned out the instruments some more. Hopefully this will help create a better stereo spread. I also changed the ending so it hopefully won't be so abrupt.
I hope you like the new mix.

.mp3    MerryGold - Motherload2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.39 MB)

Quote:Thank you for your reply! I've done a new mix now where I panned out the instruments some more. Hopefully this will help create a better stereo spread. I also changed the ending so it hopefully won't be so abrupt.
I hope you like the new mix.

Well certainly the ending is better, but I sense some timidity in your mix. Can you explain your philosophy on how you placed the instruments in your mix.

Listen to my mix and let me know what you think of it.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]