Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boogiesnakes "It's My Right"
My mix...please give me any feedback or tips and tricks. Thnx!
Hi Demo-Lution,
your mix sounds balanced , I think if you changed the reverb on the vocals and drums to a more subtle longer one with less early reflections( maybe overheads or room track and rolling off more bottom end in panned drums )would fit better as sounds in a different space to the rest and a little distracting especially listening on headphones in the side channels.
Maybe a touch more work on the balance of the kick and bass ,with the kick rolling off the loose low frequencies of 40hz and below and scooping out some boxy frequencies around 125hz or a dip around 100-200 hz area may give the bass some more space as can hear some resonant frequencies on the kick and bass which can be located and tamed with a parametric with a narrow q.
Just some personal taste thoughts and rough guesses while having a listen.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(03-05-2016, 11:37 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Demo-Lution,
your mix sounds balanced , I think if you changed the reverb on the vocals and drums to a more subtle longer one with less early reflections( maybe overheads or room track and rolling off more bottom end in panned drums )would fit better as sounds in a different space to the rest and a little distracting especially listening on headphones in the side channels.
Maybe a touch more work on the balance of the kick and bass ,with the kick rolling off the loose low frequencies of 40hz and below and scooping out some boxy frequencies around 125hz or a dip around 100-200 hz area may give the bass some more space as can hear some resonant frequencies on the kick and bass which can be located and tamed with a parametric with a narrow q.
Just some personal taste thoughts and rough guesses while having a listen.

Cheers Big Grin
Hello thedon,
Thank you for the reply, very usefull. I do agree about the low frequencies, it became very "boomy" in the mastering stage. I got some reference tracks to master this mix and it fits well but i gotta take care to the lower frequencies while mixing. Food for thought for my next mix...thanks for listening and for your time! Greetings from the Netherlands