Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second mix ever
Hey guys, this is my second attempt at mixing a full song ever so any critiques or advice would be super appreciated! Thanks, hope to start making this a regular thing Smile

.mp3    mix prac.mp3 --  (Download: 3.15 MB)

Heres the mix after a little bit more work, still trying to figure out how to place the vocal more within the mix, I think I just need to take more time finding the right reverb and maybe work a bit more on the eq. Also trying to balance the low end with the high end, I feel like its getting better but I still want to tighten up the bottom end a little bit, if anyone has advice on any of these things that would be awesome. I'm also a little worried that the mid range is a little bit cluttered, I'd love to hear that you guys think!

.mp3    mix prac 2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.25 MB)

second mix ever and you are already using words like "thighten up the bottom end" or "mid range a little bit cluttered" , wow Big Grin.

And the mix. You sure do know how to use the tools, it's a good mix.

Critiques: I don't feel the drums, they are under the music and I can't fully feel this song.
Also the low end is not clear, it's muddy.
Can't say much about the vocals because I had problems with them too Smile

Don't want to write anything much becasue I'm not any good at this either.
I don't to be a guy that says how to do something when can't even do it himself or does it really badly.

Ok that's all I hope you keep practicing this profession like me.