Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heartbeats - AZ Mix
Hey I have some feedback for you - the mix as a whole sounds a little boxy or 'thin' somehow. I'm no expert but could be either the amount of (around 450hz) muddy frequencies or too much low-end eating up the mix and masking the sounds? Ah - I think I know, it could be too much verb/delays, which put things 'back' in the mix and make them blurred in sound? I would go for clarity over width, but that's just my personal taste. I like the way you did the chorus section, with the overdriven guitars - nice and powerful, as a lot of the mixes on here lost energy at that point because of lack of control over the distortion sounds. Sometimes the verb is robbing the space in the mix - you can hear it at the beginning, also I might either up the volume of the vocal, or bring out the high end either with some low-mid reduction on the EQ, or some banded tape/tube distortion on the upper mids. I like the effect you used on some of the backing vocals - have you considered applying that effect to the main vocal and then mixing it with a dry track of the same? It could give you some extra presence/clarity if you felt it needed it.

Ben

Messages In This Thread
Heartbeats - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 29-04-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Heartbeats - AZ Mix - by Bedrock Studios - 28-05-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: Heartbeats - AZ Mix - by The_Metallurgist - 28-05-2016, 08:53 AM