Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heartbeats - AZ Mix
Well, here's my take on this tune. This represents my 40th mix since I started posting here. Been good practice.

First, I wanna say that this was one well assembled tune! Rare to see this sort of care and handling with the writing and chosen instruments.

When it came to mixing, though, I got a little confused on this one because I'm not familiar enough with the type of music so it took me a while to figure out where to take it. The vocals were the hardest because of the way they're tracked. Once I chopped them up into related bits, things made a little more sense. Corrected a few bad edits, adjusted a little timing, and that as all I had to do before bringing up the compressor. I also used a fair amount of stereo delays with this just to try to give it a better sense of width. Quite possible I overdid it but I figured if something that sounded a little artificial would fit anywhere, it'd be here. Anyway, It's a decent mix but I'm not convinced I got everything right here so feel free to make suggestions.

.mp3    heartbeats-ltd.mp3 --  (Download: 10.14 MB)

Old West Audio

Messages In This Thread
Heartbeats - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 29-04-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Heartbeats - AZ Mix - by Bedrock Studios - 28-05-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: Heartbeats - AZ Mix - by The_Metallurgist - 28-05-2016, 08:53 AM