Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rovers Ahead - it's in these times
I like this song a lot but it's so difficult to mix! a lot of instruments to deal with and sometimes I had the impression that certain parts were too noisy, but I've tried to fix that. If not, please let me know and I'll try to improve the mix with your help and suggestions!

.mp3    Rovers Ahead - It\'s In These Times.mp3 --  (Download: 10.4 MB)

mixing since April 2013
I think the balances are pretty good, separations well done, but overall sound maybe too bright now. Or does it lack the low mids? Overall sound lacks now some sort of warmness? COuld it be that you have hi-passed too strongy all string-instruments?

violin is quite piercing

If you can brought in the low-mids without mud, your mix will be quite ready.
Hi Juan.
I like your mix sounds pretty good to me, the banjo is jumping out just a touch in the 1.5k area ,a dynamic eq may help tame the transients of the finger picking in that area.
As olli already mentioned the violin may sit a touch better with a slight eq dip around the 2-3k area.
Overall a pretty good mix.
Just some thoughts while having a listen.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

@Olli: I think that the problem was that there was too much trebble on the master bus. I've tried to balance it better and I believe it now most of the things you said started to sound better

@Don: you amaze me with your ability to pinpoint the right frequency with the problem. Yes, it was 1,5 khz the frequency on the banjo! I followed your advice and with a dynamic eq plugin I think I've "tamed" it Big Grin

Thank you both for your comments as usual!! Smile

.mp3    Rovers Ahead - It\'s In These Times(2).mp3 --  (Download: 10.4 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Sounds much better Juan, good job taming the banjo.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Good mix I just think it lacks real low end punch. But nice and clear