Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Actions - Devil´s Words Mix
Hey there Blush
I´m new to the Forum / Zone.

Hope you dig the Mix and if you want to, please share your thoughts or questions.

.mp3    Actions - Devils Words.mp3 --  (Download: 7.41 MB)

Hi !

If you want feedback, don't forget to give some too Wink

Overall mix is balanced. Kick is too much in front. Once you identified it, you can't get rid of it. I don't like the natural sound of the snare, so I used samples to enhance it. Just a matter of taste Wink
I have a strange feeling about vocals, probably coming from the reverb. Did you use a room reverb on the vocals ? I would suggest you to use a plate, not too long (1s).

Guitars are nice !

Keep it up !
Hello! Good job!
But i feel some disbalance between clean and distorted guitars. And kick too loud for me. Maybe extra 100 Hz. Maybe it's my phonesHuh
Hi!

Thank you for your feedback.

@Mandubien: The original snare was really hard to mix, but i chose to let it try to sit in there. I have the addiction to make the Kick louder in any Mixes... I need to get rid of that. Maybe its my Mixing Room, or my new Monitors i have to get used to.
i have always issues getting a good reverb/ room for vocals. Yes i did use a short plate, i think thats the main issue.

@Konek: After you told me about the disbalances, i´m getting it too. The Kick was a sample of Superior Drummer ( Eq´d and Compressed ) Maybe thats also an issue like the Vocal room i´d done.

Thanks for letting me know!
Hi there seems to be a lot of flanging or chorus effect coming from your snare and vocals making it sound unnatural, try to get rid of them and I think you will have a good mix imo,hope that helps and thanks for sharing.