Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quicksand
Another song I mixed.

.mp3    quicksandmp3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.12 MB)

nice drums. good bass. the delay on the voice might be a little loud for taste.
Drums and bass sounded nice unprocessed. Just a bit of EQ on drums, nothing on bass, just a little of 1176 style compression. I like the delay on main vocal it gives it that something a reverb cannot do. And I blended original vox with vox fx track. I added delay on vox original and a bit of Abbey road style reverb (nothing special there just a reverb with a low pass filter on 10kHz).
Great natural sound. I like it.

I agree with loupi that delay is bit too loud in those parts where the vox is alone. It doesn’t bother me when the band is in. Maybe it could be automated in those parts.

I wonder if the guitars are bit too left and right. As these guitars leave quite much empty places in soucnscape there’s all the time situations when left and right are bit unbalanced. It disturbs a bit the listening in headphones. Probably not at all a problem with speakers…

Snare feels a bit tired. I miss a bit more brightness to it.
I Like your mix Obelix,
Sounds pretty good and well balanced to me just some little nitpicks.
With the vocal delay ,it is a personal taste thing for me ,You may have already experimented with this if not ,I love stacking delays and reverbs and would probably blend the delay you like with a reverb for some depth and have it a just touch more subtle.
As olli already mentioned the panned electric on one side sounds a little out of balance but not as noticeable on monitors and a touch more air on the just the snare around the 10k area would sound awesome.
Just some thoughts while having a listen.
Good job.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Version 2.

.mp3    quicksand3.mp3 --  (Download: 2.45 MB)