Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Good Time Dangerous Style
(29-08-2017, 01:48 PM)Dangerous Wrote:
(28-08-2017, 08:20 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: -------------
Dave......nice mix.....love what you did with the organ! The only thing on the second one you have there is possibly a little mud in the low-mids but it's probably just a taste thing....like it all otherwise.

Cheers,

Tom

Yeah, a little soupy and very guitary. listening to this for the first time in a while, I think the drums could come up a little more, and maybe the vox. Perhaps I could just turn the guitars down. Nah.... I couldn't do that, stupid idea! Maybe the guitars could get turned up a little too. Now I'm just confused.Undecided Maybe I'll just concentrate on fixing the mudSmile

Thanks TomBig Grin

--------------------
Yeah, crack'em up them-the Gheetarrrrrrrs! Rolleyes In the "old days" when I was a young lad I always cranked up my Peavey amp and got the greatest sound out of that thing. It was something like 200 watts....never had to put it past 3 in any venue.....LOL!

Later.........
Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hi Dave nice mix I like the vibe.
Hey Dave - listening to the latest version...

Great sounding vocals and guitars in your mix. Nice separation and definition too.

Overall, I think the drums, in particular, the kick lacks punch. I think the culprit is the bass - it seems to be drowning out the kick, and it has a little too much in the 200-300hz range to my ear. With the slow tempo and simple kick pattern, there is room for more low end in the kick, but you have to clear out space for it down there. That would re-instate the wallop and really nail the groove of the song down better IMO.

Although the guitars sound great, I think the levels may be a tad overpowering. Cool sounds, just a bit of rebalancing would do the trick!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thanks Bloke.

Valuable Comments. A real weakness of mind is with Kick / bass balancing. Armed with this info Andrew, I will have another go at this and see if I can improve things a bit.

Thanks Again
nice one..really like it..
(06-02-2018, 11:26 PM)Zvonimir Wrote: nice one..really like it..

Thanks Zvonimir,

appreciate your comments.Big Grin

Dave
(07-02-2018, 12:43 PM)Dangerous Wrote:
(06-02-2018, 11:26 PM)Zvonimir Wrote: nice one..really like it..

Thanks Zvonimir,

appreciate your comments.Big Grin

Dave

nooo..you deserve it.. your versio nNO 3 is really really good... Id like to screen shot how did you pan it and how did you got that nice guitar tones. That is my favorite guitar distortion sound, and it can be achieved only with really nice pickup, distortion, and tube amp..
what effects did you use, and how did you set it up?

how did you got that bass to have so clear low tone, that you can actually feel it..not just hear it.

Id bet that Id learn alot if I could "sniff" throu you mix setups...it has everyhing I like..
(07-02-2018, 06:40 PM)Zvonimir Wrote: nooo..you deserve it.. your versio nNO 3 is really really good... Id like to screen shot how did you pan it and how did you got that nice guitar tones. That is my favorite guitar distortion sound, and it can be achieved only with really nice pickup, distortion, and tube amp..

how did you got that bass to have so clear low tone, that you can actually feel it..not just hear it.

Id bet that Id learn alot if I could "sniff" throu you mix setups...it has everyhing I like..

No problem, I don't mind sharing things about, if someone can get anything out of it. I mixed this one a while ago, so I'll have to go back and look into it and see what I can find. Stay tuned.
(07-02-2018, 09:39 PM)Dangerous Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 06:40 PM)Zvonimir Wrote: nooo..you deserve it.. your versio nNO 3 is really really good... Id like to screen shot how did you pan it and how did you got that nice guitar tones. That is my favorite guitar distortion sound, and it can be achieved only with really nice pickup, distortion, and tube amp..

No problem, I don't mind sharing things about, if someone can get anything out of it. I mixed this one a while ago, so I'll have to go back and look into it and see what I can find. Stay tuned.

great..thanks..

Ok, here we go. I have attached a screenshot of my guitar tracks. you can see the individual tracks plus there is a reverb and parallel compression track. This is all sent to the Gtr Bus track where there is some extra gentle eq and compression just to tie it all together. You can also see all the panning for the guitars. If you look at Electgtr1 track, the panning is shown as being centre. This is not the case. It is panned left, but panning is varied throughout the song with automation. Looking back over my approach, there isn't that much going on really. I have attached the eq curves for each guitar track, but as you can see, it's pretty straight forward stuff, without and crazy ninja moves as such.
Also with the bass track, which could be processed better. There's not much happening here either. You can see the eq curve. (some low mid clean up) With this there is some compression and some ducking for the kick drum.

So I hope this helps Zvonimir.

You should also check out fHumble fHingaz version of this track. I find Andrews efforts here to be quite masterful and it's easily my favourite version. http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...hp?tid=602

Thumbnail(s)