Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Good Time Dangerous Style
Cheers! I'm waiting for new versionAngel

(13-05-2016, 02:15 PM)Konek Wrote: Cheers! I'm waiting for new versionAngel

It's Up (#3). Sorry I didn't announce it. I think I'm pretty happy, at the moment anyway.
(09-05-2016, 12:43 PM)Dangerous Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 05:03 PM)justin.martins Wrote: Yeah love the guitars man, might just need some volume automation to help vocals in verse but damn I'm definitely using this to help with my mix! Really like how everything sits in the space

Thanks Justin,
I need to revisit this one and lift the vocals around the guitar parts a little. I think the kick and bass needs some more balancing also. Kick is sounding too strong, especially in the intro.

Love the new version!
Thanks for checking it out Justin.

Appreciated.
you got a great balanced sound in version 3 dave the only thing that would put this over the top is adding some dynamic volume to sections of the song to give it more movement great job!
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
(26-05-2016, 11:28 PM)DGarner Wrote: you got a great balanced sound in version 3 dave the only thing that would put this over the top is adding some dynamic volume to sections of the song to give it more movement great job!

Thanks mate,
Yes, this is something I'm trying to develop in all my mixes.
(28-05-2016, 06:00 AM)Dangerous Wrote:
(26-05-2016, 11:28 PM)DGarner Wrote: you got a great balanced sound in version 3 dave the only thing that would put this over the top is adding some dynamic volume to sections of the song to give it more movement great job!

Thanks mate,
i usually do this on the master bus with volume automation,
i use markers on my mixes so i know when each part stops and starts and automate that to taste , i also make aux bus for each section of the mix so i could also use volume automation on just that bus.
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
(29-05-2016, 01:12 AM)DGarner Wrote:
(28-05-2016, 06:00 AM)Dangerous Wrote:

Thanks mate,
i usually do this on the master bus with volume automation,
i use markers on my mixes so i know when each part stops and starts and automate that to taste , i also make aux bus for each section of the mix so i could also use volume automation on just that bus.

Yeah, I'm pretty much doing the same thing, although I usually leave the master bus alone. Automating aux buses is my main approach to this. I have to agree with the use of markers. I find them essential in knowing where you are within a song and I really can't mix without them. I think that I've just got to be a little bit more flamboyant in my moves.
(25-04-2016, 12:59 PM)Dangerous Wrote: I think I've done ok with this one. A hot electric blues style of tune that I do personally enjoy listening to and playing. Although I loved working with the guitars on this one, the arrangement was my biggest issue. Trying to get a stereo sound that was somewhat balanced was a real challenge. Perhaps some editing of the first guitar part to make up a stereo double may have helped, but with the other guitar parts going on, my worry was it may have become some what congested doing this. Being a guitarist myself I have made this song all about the guitars and spent the most time mixing these in. As for the remainder of the tracks. The vocal is nice and fell into place with no real effort. I dirtied up the hammond part a fair bit to give it some sonic space within the song. With how I placed the guitars it really didn't leave a lot of room for it. The drums were left pretty much as they were with some transient shaping here and there and the normal fader moves.

Another great track to work with from the Library.

-------------
Dave......nice mix.....love what you did with the organ! The only thing on the second one you have there is possibly a little mud in the low-mids but it's probably just a taste thing....like it all otherwise.

Cheers,

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(28-08-2017, 08:20 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: -------------
Dave......nice mix.....love what you did with the organ! The only thing on the second one you have there is possibly a little mud in the low-mids but it's probably just a taste thing....like it all otherwise.

Cheers,

Tom

Yeah, a little soupy and very guitary. listening to this for the first time in a while, I think the drums could come up a little more, and maybe the vox. Perhaps I could just turn the guitars down. Nah.... I couldn't do that, stupid idea! Maybe the guitars could get turned up a little too. Now I'm just confused.Undecided Maybe I'll just concentrate on fixing the mudSmile

Thanks TomBig Grin