Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Good Time Dangerous Style
thanks...Im looking into it soon as I get home..Smile

edit: just quick question. Why are ALL EQ set up do lower freq, not a single to raise up on those freq. values?

With the gain you got that nice sound of guitars? ..no plugin of tube amp or similar ..only gain?
(08-02-2018, 03:10 PM)Zvonimir Wrote: edit: just quick question. Why are ALL EQ set up do lower freq, not a single to raise up on those freq. values?

Not too sure of the question? Basically I'm cutting away the frequencies I want to clean up. Most of my eq moves are cuts. When I do boost, it's usually quite broad boosts like shelves etc.

(08-02-2018, 03:10 PM)Zvonimir Wrote: With the gain you got that nice sound of guitars? ..no plugin of tube amp or similar ..only gain?

The first plugin "gain Adjust" is just a volume adjustment that I inserted on most tracks just to attenuate the hot input signal. Most of the guitar tone is shaped with the eq. The delay on the end is for a little stereo width. Very minor effect. ElectGtr3 track has got an amp plugin added for some extra grit. See screenshot. I have added some audio samples for you with the POD amp engaged and bypass for comparison. I added this to help the part cut through the mix.

Happy to answer any more questions.

Dave

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Guitar3POD_Byass.mp3 --  (Download: 313.3 KB)

.mp3    Guitar3POD_Active.mp3 --  (Download: 313.3 KB)

Hi Dave

Love the guitars .. cool solid mix!

I just started comparing pod farm to amplitube , for recording and mixing (reamping) They both seem pretty awesome.

Well done

If you have time.. have a listen to my mix. could use some feedback

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(17-02-2018, 11:34 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Dave

Love the guitars .. cool solid mix!

I just started comparing pod farm to amplitube , for recording and mixing (reamping) They both seem pretty awesome.

Well done

If you have time.. have a listen to my mix. could use some feedback

Cheers

KSmile

Thanks K,

I'm a it of a real world guitar/amp tone junkie. But with the emulations that are available to us today, they're just too good to ignore.
(09-02-2018, 11:00 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Not too sure of the question? Basically I'm cutting away the frequencies I want to clean up. Most of my eq moves are cuts. When I do boost, it's usually quite broad boosts like shelves etc.

I wrote looong post, almost finished it..and computer shut down..never new why...Smile
and Im back..
basically, I wanted to ask why did you cut those freq? So other instruments can sit in those "places"..or?
I thought that if you want other instrument to be in some "area", you cut other instruments, or boost a bit. If something is wrong, you do surgical cut..

(09-02-2018, 11:00 AM)Dangerous Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 03:10 PM)Zvonimir Wrote: With the gain you got that nice sound of guitars? ..no plugin of tube amp or similar ..only gain?

The first plugin "gain Adjust" is just a volume adjustment that I inserted on most tracks just to attenuate the hot input signal. Most of the guitar tone is shaped with the eq. The delay on the end is for a little stereo width. Very minor effect. ElectGtr3 track has got an amp plugin added for some extra grit. See screenshot. I have added some audio samples for you with the POD amp engaged and bypass for comparison. I added this to help the part cut through the mix.

Happy to answer any more questions.

Dave

FIrst I want to try some different options, and then I will have questions...Smile
Thanks for samples..

(05-03-2018, 02:13 AM)Zvonimir Wrote: I wrote looong post, almost finished it..and computer shut down..never new why...Smile
and Im back..
basically, I wanted to ask why did you cut those freq? So other instruments can sit in those "places"..or?
I thought that if you want other instrument to be in some "area", you cut other instruments, or boost a bit. If something is wrong, you do surgical cut..

Things get pretty congested very quickly in the sub 500hz area in a mix so, cleaning up is this area will almost always be required at some level. There is the issue of making room for other instruments but also adjusting the balance of the instrument in question for it's sonic place in the mix. The sharp high Q cuts you see are purely to control some resonances at that point that were an issue. For me cutting away is the best option. I find if I try to force a masked instrument or sound forward by boosting some of it's frequencies, it usually results in a harsh sounding mix, overall.

Happy to help out where I can.
(06-03-2018, 11:06 AM)Dangerous Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 02:13 AM)Zvonimir Wrote: I wrote looong post, almost finished it..and computer shut down..never new why...Smile
and Im back..

Things get pretty congested very quickly in the sub 500hz area in a mix so, cleaning up is this area will almost alway be required at some level. There is the issue of making room for other instruments but also adjusting the balance of the instrument in question for it's sonic place in the mix. The sharp high Q cuts you see are purely to control some resonances at that point that were an issue. For me cutting away is the best option. I find if I try to force a masked instrument or sound forward by boosting some of it's frequencies, it usually results in a harsh sounding mix, overall.

Happy to help out where I can.

thanks...
Hey Dangerous, great mix! Grats! The drums are too low for my taste and I mean only drums, not cymbals and hi hat. I just finished and posted my first version of the mix. If you could have a listen to it and give me some feedback that would be awesome! Smile
(03-02-2019, 06:31 AM)Terock Wrote: Hey Dangerous, great mix! Grats! The drums are too low for my taste and I mean only drums, not cymbals and hi hat. I just finished and posted my first version of the mix. If you could have a listen to it and give me some feedback that would be awesome! Smile

Thanks Terock. Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the drums are too low. I tend to mix that way. That's the guitarist in me.Smile