Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions, South Of The Water final mix
This mix was slightly difficult for me with the vocals and drums but i think ive got there i hope,all feedback welcomed.

.mp3    Actions, South Of The Water.mp3 --  (Download: 6.79 MB)

Any comments please? Iam not sure about my mix.
Mmm! That bad eh? Lol
Very cool. Everything is in the right place.I don't know what the original tracks are like but there is a lot of distortion on a lot of tracks. I think it makes the vocals a little past cutting and into 'strident' territory. The tambo is also a little much. De-essing it and carving some more out would help, I think. Also some of the vocals get lost in the transitions. More rides?
If you appreciate my feedback, please visit one of my mixes and give your thoughts.
(09-05-2016, 02:46 AM)mingus Wrote: Very cool. Everything is in the right place.I don't know what the original tracks are like but there is a lot of distortion on a lot of tracks. I think it makes the vocals a little past cutting and into 'strident' territory. The tambo is also a little much. De-essing it and carving some more out would help, I think. Also some of the vocals get lost in the transitions. More rides?
Hi have a listen to the original track, it's (blunt) if that's the right word, but yes you are right, it's very difficult to get some air into the track but also I think I over cooked it,there will be a updated version soon. Cheers
Ok,ok,ok mix 2 please leave feedback

.mp3    Actions, South Of The Water MIX 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.71 MB)

Hi! Good mix!
It's seems that vocal too loud than the snare, and it slightly spoils the picture( Huh
Thanks very much for your comments.
Hi!

I dig the Instrument Mix alot! But as mentioned, the main Vocal track is too loud for me aswell. Maybe sit down after a few hours or even tomorrow, and listen to it again.
Hey Cudjoe,
I Like Your mix ,it sounds pretty well balanced.
I am going to have another shot of this awesome song soon and would love to hear your thoughts as usual.
Pretty good job for challenging multi tracks for me anyway.
Just some thoughts while listening on headphones, maybe reduce a touch of the metallic sound of the snare or overheads around the 800hz area to sit in the a touch softer in the mix .
I like the punch of the kick but the could be a touch upfront or clashing with the bass guitar in some frequencies as a rough guess scooping out some boxy frequencies around 150 -400hz with a parametric from the kick to give the bass upper bass some space .
Maybe a touch less compression on the vocals.
Just some Thoughts while having a listen.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts