Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Dice
Here's my mix. I think Overheads sound too harsh and are damaging the vocal clarity. I'll take your word for a new try.

Regards.

.mp3    The Dice.mp3 --  (Download: 13.81 MB)

The more I mix, The less I know.
Hey there. Nice mix, nothing sounds awfully bad hehe...Definetly the voice could be a little more present or but i think it fits more or less in the mix, not exactly fighting with the OH. The main thing is that it find ur mix a bit tiny....everything sounds small, and really dry, a bit lifeless...That'll be my main objection about ur mix. Otherwise the drum tone is nice, as well as the guitars....So overall it's a nice effort.
(24-04-2016, 07:00 PM)Ak3r Wrote: Hey there. Nice mix, nothing sounds awfully bad hehe...Definetly the voice could be a little more present or but i think it fits more or less in the mix, not exactly fighting with the OH. The main thing is that it find ur mix a bit tiny....everything sounds small, and really dry, a bit lifeless...That'll be my main objection about ur mix. Otherwise the drum tone is nice, as well as the guitars....So overall it's a nice effort.

Thanks Ak3r for your vision. Indeed I think the mix is lacking some risk comparing it to others I liked. Maybe paying too much attention on controlling everything made me lost the point on it. Will try to give it some more spirit next time but I don't want to have an etherial mix in the end so any tips for effects will be welcome.
Well, my first advice is go and try...unless u try and fail u wont know what went wrong hehe Tongue For me i personally try to think about the space that the guys are playing...and then try and find a reverb that suit...For the drums i might use 2 diff reverbs...one for the snare and one for the whole drums as to place them in space. For guitars usually one and maybe a tinier reverb as i usually imagine the guitars closer than the drums...as for the voice it's usually a matter of taste for me, depending on the song...But well that's just me, might not be right at all, but it's just an example or a starting point...Try and see what fits you better Smile
And here it goes.

.mp3    The dice 2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.79 MB)