Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Primakova - The Glass (M&F)
I observed there's only 8 posting of this song so far.. I would like to give a big RESPECT to everyone who tackled this song so far.

I can understand why most members are scared to touch this song.

BUT.. it's really a good song that can be handled in a few ways on a mix. I went with a "progressive drive" mix style decision and further gave it a mute arrangement that I feel is fitting with the similarities to a country rhyme style song where the artist gives a verse on back beat/gtrs, then the band goes to town on the choruses and bridges..

Would love to see more of this band in the forum.

24-bit 44.1 Reference Master
https://s3.amazonaws.com/digitaldruglord...Final2.wav

.m4a    The Glass Final2.m4a --  (Download: 6.82 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
If this mix was mine I would be proud :-)
(14-05-2016, 12:42 PM)Cassandra Wrote: If this mix was mine I would be proud :-)

Thanks for the compliment.
Hello DDL

I see you changed the musical arrangement on the bass a bit. It sounds interesting.

*The left side sounds a bit busier because of that violin track. It's a bit tiering for me.
*I like the drums a lot the only thing that seems a bit out of place is the kick. The click is poking a bit too much in the quiet verses. In the chorus it sounds fine to me.
*I like the vocal treatment. No complaints here.
* Good job on the bass... I gotta recheck my mix for that excess of lows.. in your mix it sounds beautiful Smile

Most of what I said falls in the taste category so good job.
(17-05-2016, 03:07 AM)Shul Wrote: Hello DDL

I see you changed the musical arrangement on the bass a bit. It sounds interesting.

*The left side sounds a bit busier because of that violin track. It's a bit tiering for me.
*I like the drums a lot the only thing that seems a bit out of place is the kick. The click is poking a bit too much in the quiet verses. In the chorus it sounds fine to me.
*I like the vocal treatment. No complaints here.
* Good job on the bass... I gotta recheck my mix for that excess of lows.. in your mix it sounds beautiful Smile

Most of what I said falls in the taste category so good job.

Thanks Shul.. Its ok to shape a song through mutes and a "mixer's arraignment" when a song like this whole feel can be affected by some creative mix decisions.

Interesting thing in the verses is that there is no bass. Also, the fiddle should be centered. And drums are too loud.
(26-05-2016, 08:46 PM)Obelix Wrote: Interesting thing in the verses is that there is no bass. Also, the fiddle should be centered. And drums are too loud.

See "lecture post" in your version.
Final version upped
I know. I should also had noticed the pressence of bass in my mix. I think that verses sound better with lack of it as u did it.
(06-11-2016, 11:42 AM)Obelix Wrote: I know. I should also had noticed the pressence of bass in my mix. I think that verses sound better with lack of it as u did it.

At a time when songs were written and recorded, an "arranger" would be hired to make sure the best configuration of a song happened, today mixers have to do that job and ensure what we feel will be the best presentation for a song. On the verses, the bass is very swallowing and masks the entire character of the tune in my opinion.