Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dice / Mix by Troy Gunter
I think the stereo field was filled nicely. Let me know your thoughts.
Troy G.

.mp3    the dice.mp3 --  (Download: 1.13 MB)

Honestly, this sounds like one of the best mixes i've heard yet to my ears. I think your rockin' an extremely well balanced mix here. Eq sounds really easy on the ears across the board to me. You didn't go crazy with effects and i really like that. I like the powerful raw sound in this.. Really don't have anything bad to say about this. Excellent work
Hey Troy,
good job on balance, EQ and compression work. Still, there's something funny going on with the air frequencies, as if they'd be distorted by mp3 compression. Are you sure everything went right while exporting?

Cheers,
Till
(20-04-2016, 01:06 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Hey Troy,
good job on balance, EQ and compression work. Still, there's something funny going on with the air frequencies, as if they'd be distorted by mp3 compression. Are you sure everything went right while exporting?

Cheers,
Till

Thanks a lot for the kind words. I thought about doing another mix, as my ears got a little worn out from to much mixing. I found that the next day, it sounded a little muddy. I'll post another today.
(20-04-2016, 08:58 PM)TroyG Wrote:
(20-04-2016, 01:06 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Hey Troy,

Cheers,
Till

Thanks a lot for the kind words. I thought about doing another mix, as my ears got a little worn out from to much mixing. I found that the next day, it sounded a little muddy. I'll post another today.
Also, I think what you're hearing is the hi-hat coming in hot in the upper frequencies, good ear. I'll work on that today.

Here is the updated version.

Let me know your thoughts.

Troy

.mp3    thedice.mp3 --  (Download: 962.44 KB)

Way better, good work! A lot more clarity in the mix Smile